Method 1: Use SEMRUSH (Most Popular)
SEMRush works a little different way than traditional keyword research tools. I can get a list of keywords on which my competitors are ranking already. (This is really out of the box feature that would be impossible to find using any other tool). Also, SEMRush is an ALL-In-One SEO tool. Most of the professional bloggers use this tool as it has a huge database of 800+ million terms.
- Create a FREE ACCOUNT on SEMrush
- After Signup, you will be redirected to DASHBOARD
- On the DASHBOARD, click on KEYWORD MAGIC TOOL under KEYWORD ANALYTICS menu.
- Type your target keyword, country and click on the SEARCH button.
Within a few seconds, you will have tons of keywords to explore. You have to understand several parameters and to filter your keyword research. Let me help you to understand.
- Questions: If you are looking for keyword for your “how to” blog, then “SEMrush Questions” is designed for you. You will have all possible and trending keywords which can help you to create contents on “how to” guides.
- Broad Match / Phrase Match / Exact Match / Related: As you can see, I have made keyword research for “travel tips”. To get more content idea on this keyword, SEMrush provides lots of extra keywords based upon popular searched on the web.
- Trend: This graph will help you to understand if your keyword popularity is increasing or decreasing. As you can see on the above screenshot, the graph is fluctuating up and down for each keyword according to the web search.
- KD%: The Keyword Difficulty defines a score out of 100. It shows you how difficult it would be to rank on a search result on the specific keyword. It is recommended not to choose keywords with high difficulty score.
- Results: This section shows the number of contents is available on the web on the specific keyword.
It is very difficult to rank on small keywords like “travel tips” as it is too competitive. But this tool gave suggestion on long-tail keywords like “travel tip jalandhar” or “travel tip amritsar” or “travel packing tips” which are more specific than “travel tips”. And my favourite part is to get Trend and Keyword Difficulty ideas. Is the query losing its popularity or not? If not, how much difficult to rank on the query or keyword? This information is really important before creating any content.
Method 2: Use SOOVLE
Soovle gave me the best keyword ideas in one place. I can research a single query from multiple sources like Google, YouTube, Bing, Yahoo. Amazon, Wikipedia and more. And the fun fact is, I don’t need to go anywhere. Soovle will display results in a single page (Have a look on below screenshot to understand). I can easily choose the best keywords easily and save to download in CSV format.
- Navigate to Soovle website
- Here you will get the keyword research page like below.
As you can see on the above screenshot, you will get keyword suggestion from popular website search results (i.e. Google, Amazon, Yahoo, Bing, YouTube, Answers and Wikipedia)
Type your keyword and wait to get several suggestions. (Don’t click on Soovle Button).
To make this easier to understand, I am going to check popular keywords on COVID 19. Have a look at this.
Soovle is one of the best keyword research tools for freemium newbie bloggers. Although this tool is quite cool. But the most important lack point is that the tool does not share search volume in recent year.
Method 3: Use SERPSTAT
SERPSTAT is not only a keyword research tool. You can get features like Content Marketing, Competitor Research, On-Page Audit, Backlink Analysis and many more. In one line this is an All-In-One SEO Tool.
- Create a FREE account on SERPSTAT
- Once you have logged in, click on OVERVIEW option under KEYWORD RESEARCH menu (Left).
- Write your keyword and select your targeted location
- For example, I have written a keyword “buy a car” and click on the SEARCH BUTTON.
What I have found:
- Overview: As you can see, it is already mentioned as SEARCH VOLUME on the above screenshot. In the case of mine, people search almost 60,500 times in a month on the said keyword.
- Competition: On the above screenshot, 71 has scored as competition score out of 100. But this score is for PPC (Pay Per Click) users who campaigns their advertisement on the keyword “buy a car”.
- CPC: Cost per click. The amount of money you would spend if you bid on this keyword for ads campaign.
- Keyword Difficulty: SERPSTAT recommends 0-20 is easy, 21-40 is medium, 41-60 is difficult and 61-100 is very difficult. It is recommended to choose medium keywords before writing contents.
- Organic Keywords: If you want to rank organically, you should choose organic keywords.
- PPC Keywords: PPC (Pay Per Click) keyword helps to run successful ad campaigns.
As I am working to improve SEO, I want to proceed with organic keywords. I have clicked on SHOW ALL link and found below report. Have a look onto this.
- In this section, you will have related keywords against your search query. In my case, I have found these keywords against my query “buy a car”.
- As I have marked with red colour, total search volume is showing based upon different countries. You can choose the best country to target your audience with your best keywords.
I have used this tool to analyse competitors, keywords, backlinks and on-page SEO audit. I found SERPSTAT quite impressive.
Now this is the time to hear from you. Which method do you like most? Let me share your thoughts on the comment section. If this guide helps you to execute successful keyword research, don’t forget to support by sharing this content.
Good Luck !!
Hi. Welcome to my Digital Diary, MSP Learning Academy. Here I am posting what I am exploring in Digital World. If you found my diary worthy, you can JOIN me to explore more. And I believe we both can be a Digital King.